Based on last week’s dancing I would put Kate as going home but we shall see how tonight goes as everybody has an “opposite” dance. So if they had Latin last week, they have Standard/Smooth this week and vice versa.
– Evan looks more relaxed this week. That bodes well.
Shannen and Mark
– This is a good lesson for Mark
– Mark is over-dancing her…
– She’s trying but she’s off rhythm
– She’s slower than he is and it looks off
– Not a whole lot of basic jive steps…
– Flecks lack staccato
– Well she tried
– Len says she showed energizing but lacked control. Told her to work on the finesse
– Bruno: thought her energy was so much better. Told her to keep her weight on the toes
– Carrie Ann said that Mark’s pushing paid off and nice to see a brighter side of Shannen and needs to work on musicality
Score: 7, 6, 7 = 20, 38 out of 60 for the two weeks
Aiden and Edyta
– Woah… I’ve never seen Edyta get fed up like that
– Needs more extension
– Good frame, except he’s kind of leaning over her
– Nice and rise and fall needed for Foxtrot
– Needs a bit of work on his feet
– I’m not really a fan of that choreography
– Great ending!
– Bruno: sees hope for Aiden, notice good frame… “Get your knickers in a twist” Needs to stay focus
– Carrie Ann: “Nice Job!” Says that there was improvement from last week
– Len: Noticed good footwork. Saw improvement
Score: 7, 6, 6 = 19… I though it definitely deserved 7s
Evan and Anna
– Evan needs to lay off the Spray tan…
– Fluff piece shows them rehearsing, going to Naperville for “Evan’s day”
– The flecks are a little hard to see in Keds
– Good extension
– Good kicks
– Good character dancing
– Just slightly off in his musical timing there
– That was better than last week in terms of connection
– Carrie Ann says, it had great energy; said Jive was good despite having long limbs. Says Connection was there
– Len: thought he overcame height well. Thought he needed to work on sharpening his footwork. Great improvement
– Bruno: Had great connection. Needs to point on the feet
Score: 8, 8, 8 = 24
Nicey and Louis
– I wondered if Louis’s teaching might be an issue
– Needs work on her posture
– Got the character of the dance
– The dress obscures her footwork a bit
– Hate the ending…
– Len: it had musicality, liked the sassy twist. Compared with last week, she’s a revolution
– Bruno: Nicely done, very light
– Carrie Ann: thought she might have had a lift. Likes she understands the movement. Would like Nicey to go a bit bigger next week
Score: 7, 7, 7 =21
Jake and Chellsie
– Seriously don’t kill her…
– Len will hate the opening…
– Nice try at a heel slide
– Do not like his posture or his hold on her right her…
– Very tentative on those flicks
– His flicks aren’t as sharp as Chellsie’s
– Good job for week two. There are definitely things he needs to work on
– Bruno says sees that Jake wants this badly and wishes everybody worked as hard. Needs to work on precision and technique
– Carrie Ann: They did a lift… had great energy and like the way they attack
– Len says it was a little heavy and says he truly hopes its not Jake leaving tomorrow
Score: 6, 7, 7 = 20 Right where I would put them
– There are some really awkward pauses here with Brooke hosting
Buzz and Ashly
– Ohh poor Ash…
– I love her dress!
– Come on ABC producers… could you get any cheesier?
– He’s very pigeon toed
– He needs a posture bar..
– He’s trying but his footwork needs work
– Ashly is working so hard
– He may be a national hero but he needs to go home
– Carrie Ann says that it was very tender and charming. Had an emotional quality. The dancing part wasfearful and that he looked like he was afraid. Said it was a nice effort
– Len can’t criticize a legend and that he inspires people to do something whatever their age
– Bruno: He looked like he was avoiding creators
Score: 4, 4, 4 = 12. Right where it should be
Nicole and Derek
– I really like that she’s wanting traditional! Oh Nicole I love you for this!
– Ohh this isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be….
– Great heel slide Derek
– Wow… those kicks are great
– Need to point her toes in flicks and flacks
– Needs to work on pointing her toes majorly
– That was very good!
– Len says he’s ambivalent. Parts were fantastic but others not so much. Traditional parts were really good. Thinks she’s very talented dancer. Good job
– Bruno: says it was Phenomenal. Never seen a jive that good on week two
– Carrie Ann: Says it was perfection and she loved it
Score: 10, 8, 10. Definitely over scored. Didn’t deserve 10s …
Erin and Maks
– Good frame!
– Good mix of foxtrot moves and non
– decent footwork
– Don’t like the ending but over all a good dance!
– Bruno: says Erin’s a natural (hum I wonder why *eye roll). Says she needs to finish movements and make there’s a purpose for them
– Carrie Ann: Says it was great to dance alone, great flexibility but release the “death work
– Len: Frame was generally good but footwork could use some work
Score: 8, 7, 8 =23
Pam and Damian
– I think it’s weird that they kept covering up Melissa Rycroft’s tattoo but not Pam’s
– Oh god… seriously?!
– Len’s not going to like this beginning…
– Good frame though she’s leaning forward a bit
– Needs to extend her arms and finish things
– Okay footwork
– Carrie Ann: Says that she’s good at playing different characters. Needs to work on her frame
– Len: Said it had cheeky charm and needs to work on the posture
– Bruno: says it was well executed dance to Marilyn Monroe and it was a good dance
Score: 7, 7, 8 = 22
Chad and Cheryl
– Awww I love this song
– Needs work on his footwork..
– I don’t really like Cheryl’s dress
– Better posture this week
– Needs smile…
– Needs to finish his movements. It’s almost there but not quite
– He’s leaning in his posture…
– Len says that there was terrible posture and that it was like the snow, glad when it’s all over
– Bruno: says he looked uncomfortable, no musicality, and cumbersome
– Carrie Ann: says he has great potential and has connection Cheryl and needs to understand the movement and then let it go. Says he’s look like he’s thinking too much
Score: 6, 5, 5 = 16. Right where it should be
Kate and Tony
– Ug Kate quit whining! Listen to Tony!
– Poor Tony L
– Man her feet are bad…
– Very slow on her part
– Wow those flicks are sad
– Off the routine
– She’s so not having fun
– Doesn’t know her footwork.
– How is that not a lift?
– Wow… that was… bad
– At least she tried?
– Bruno: Need to get acting lessons to get engaged and into the character. Needs to learn how to sell.
– Carrie Ann: Postive thing was that she made it through. Had a lift
– Len: Thought nerves got to. Needs to come out and just go for it.
Score: 5, 5, 5 = 15… wow higher than I thought… that dance was just bad